History of the Lutheran Church in Nitra

- in 1688 Nitra´s city council ordered Lutherans to leave the city
- Toleration Act of Joseph II (1871) - a small group of Lutherans was created in Nitra
- Nitra as a filial congregation served by pastors from Nové Sady (at that time Ašakerť)
- in 1892 services regularly once a month and on its second anniversary
- in 1910 the Reformed congegation built its church in Nitra-Číneš, Lutherans helped to build and repare it
- the foundation of the "Lutheran Fellowship of the Holy Altaro" in 1912, programme - the construction of the own church
- 1932 Nitra became a filial congregation of Svatoplukovo (Šalgov)
- In 1935 the congregation started to prepare for the construction of its own church
- 1st September 1944 - pastor Pavel Valášek was nominated as deputy pastor for Nitra
- from 1948 he was the first regular Lutheran pastor in Nitra
- from 1st January 1947 Nitra was divided into an independent congregation
- in 1958 Pastor Pavel Valášek became the leader of the newly-established Nitra church district
- in 1964 was district violently dissolved
- in December 1989 Ondrej Prostredník became pastor in Nitra
- from December 1995 the congregation was administrated by Ondrej Prostredník senior
- on 26th December 1995 the bishop of ECAV Dr. Július Filo dedicated the foundation stone of the church of the Holy Spirit in Nitra
- administrates Ondrej Prostredník senior, and Peter Fabok serves as chaplain
- in September 1997 Jozef Maslín became the chaplain, and later pastor in Nitra (till May 1999)
- in July 1999 Ivan Eľko became pastor in Nitra
- on 11th June 2000 bishop ZD ECAV Ivan Osuský dedicated the Lutheran church of the Holy Spirit


Copyright © 2021 ECAV Nitra. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License.